You are hereAbout KIPA
The Knowledge & Information Professional Association (KIPA) is an evolving umbrella group of diverse knowledge and information professionals who share a common goal of advancing the intelligent sharing of personal and organizational knowledge. Professionals represented in KIPA include knowledge managers, content managers, IT specialists, information analysts, librarians, archivists, records managers, document managers, web developers, and information architects. The group vision is to develop a network of knowledge specialists who will help each other understand how each specialty works together to build a total structure of knowledge and information management within an organization.
- Provide a forum for knowledge and information professionals to exchange ideas and share experiences.
- Promote professionalism and excellence in the knowledge and information professions through professional development and social interaction.
- Serve the knowledge and information professionals by making information available through a wide array of resources such as listservs, meetings, publications and other activities.
Members of the board:
- Joseph Colannino (President), ClearSign Combustion Corporation
- Pamela Louderback (Vice President), Northeastern State University - Broken Arrow
- Brooks Williamson (Secretary), T.D. Williamson, Inc.
- Bill Dietrich (Treasurer)
- Juli Couch-Johnstone (Communications Director), bc:ideas
- Shona Koehn (Member and Webmaster), Tulsa City-County Library
- Rich Beaty, Rovi Corporation
- Garry Booker, Project Frontier, LLC
- Jeff Crawford, Lipscomb University (Nashville, TN)
- Dan Doyle, Williams Companies
- Suliman Hawamdeh, University of North Texas
- Yong-Mi Kim, University of Oklahoma
- Tom Rink, Northeastern State University
- Chuck Tryon, Tryon and Associates